We are looking for a Facility Management Officer who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If you are passionate about the Space industry and would like to join an international environment, read more and apply today!
Please, be aware that the successful candidate will be employed by Octagon Professionals.
The holder of this post will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Oversee services within the soft facilities management domain, such as catering, cleaning, landscaping, etc.
- Facilities management support to ESA projects
- Contact point for public transport, overseeing agreements/contracts with taxi and bus providers
- Coordination and monitoring of transport and storage activities, including goods’ inwards
- Liaison with Customs (e.g. import/export) and other official entities in the host country and in ESA (e.g. legal department)
- Coordination in the organisation of conferences and special events (e.g. open day, team day) in Estec.
For the activities of competence:
- ensure adherence to procedures in relation to health and safety
- preparation of contractual documents, surveys and reports
- facilitate and draft minutes of meetings
- prepare implementation plans and schedules, including budget planning and execution monitoring
- evaluate and make recommendations for improvement
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in facility management or service management.
- Experience in customs procedure and/or import/export matters is an asset.
- Willingness to follow training on the subject to keep abreast of changes in regulations.
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Ability to work independently and establish good working relations with relevant actors in ESA and Industry.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of Dutch language.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customised to individual client needs.