Are you a creative product designer with a deep understanding of UX design? Do you have previous experience in the beauty/fashion industry and are you comfortable wearing many hats and managing multiple projects at one time? If so, then please read on!
Our client is a US-based beauty company. Due to their growth, they are looking for a freelance product designer to work closely with their Product Design Director to deliver ideas and experiences that create a visionary future for their inhouse brands. This is a full remote job opportunity.
- Concept, design and manage various product design initiatives from the quarterly roadmap, and understanding areas of opportunity for higher levels of engagement with the customers.
- Lead reviews by speaking through your ideas and vision, so all partners can understand the path and know how to improve the designs/experience.
- Gather design inspiration and be a leader of sharing new ideas/designs that can help push the UX and UI designs to new levels of fidelity.
- Be the steward of the design components library, creating the vision, design, layout and rationale on how brand components are used.
- Meet with the Product Designer Director weekly to align on scope and vision for the ongoing projects.
- Work closely with the Creative Director of Brands to help facilitate their vision for photography & tonality, as it helps elevate the brand.
- Work with product owners to help understand surveys, customer interviews and usability testing so that these may contribute to your work.
- Work with Engineers to facilitate ease of transition from design to build.
- 2+ years of experience in digital design in the beauty (or fashion) industry.
- A robust portfolio showcasing various use cases of solving for product challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of Figma or other similar tools.
- Ability to give and take creative direction.
- Ability to spot and help encourage new design trends in the web space.
- Ability to wireframe an experience and speak to each customer decision, every piece of potential engagement and see the story end-to-end.
- Ability to work with internal and external cross-functional teams both domestically and internationally.
- Competitive base compensation.
- Bonus program.
- Paid time off and wellness days off.
- A fun, creative and energetic work environment with lots of creative freedom.