- Supporting the Head of Office and the Project teams, reporting to the Office in the preparation and follow-up of administrative, organizational, as well as contractual matters;
- Panning /coordinating the Head of Office’s and Project Managers’ agenda, commitments, and meetings, organizing the missions, and keeping the Head of Office informed on all issues of concern;
- Day-to-day support to Office personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, and coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the office
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Office personnel.
- Ordering office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resource bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Office.
- Manage the procurement of promotional items for the Office projects in liaison with the Project Controllers; including preparation of requirements.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Establishing and maintaining the structure, records, and files on the Management Information Systems, such as Eclipse, and SharePoint.
- Organization of agenda and meetings.
- On personal initiative or on instructions, collecting information and documents necessary for the Office Staff to take action on given issues.
- Coordinating actions with other assistants of the department and interface with the other assistants of the Directorate
- Maintaining document libraries for the Office, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, and issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Office and taking minutes of coordination meetings for the Office. Participation in the organization of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
- Support t the Project Review Process.
- Support to the visitor service: including access control, and distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical updates (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating, and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Participation in the preparation and publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Data collection, and extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources, and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
- University Degree preferably in Business and Administration discipline.
- 4 years of experience in similar roles.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Multiple years of experience in assisting Senior Executives is an asset.
- Proven sense of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as very good qualities of order, method, tact, initiative, and in particular discretion are required.
- Proficiency in the use of the Agency’s information systems and tools (ESAP, Eclipse) is required.
- Highly proficient with modern electronic office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing.
- Familiarity with the ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Attractive remuneration package and advice on tax-free benefits.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40-hour working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on the most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 years of extra days off your personal development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- A yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and swimming pool.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national teams provides flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.