Do you have at least five years of experience in a business development role and relevant experience in key account management? Do you thrive in a fun and innovative company environment that has a unique product line? If so, keep reading!
Our client, a well-known late-stage start-up company within the mobility industry is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to join their team in the Amsterdam area. The company has raised over US$100 million and developed and marketed cutting-edge products, developing and expanding its MaaS (Mobility as a Service) side of the business, including personal mobility rental service to travellers. You will lead the current distribution business of our client products and the regional expansion thereof. You will play a leading role in the diversification of our existing sales channels to generate growing revenue streams and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Manage new regional business expansion (Europe & Middle East, etc.) by leading and coordinating a cross-functional team of internal & external stakeholders;
- Manage part of the transition from a distributor is driven business model to more diversified sales channels like a retailer model and D2C by leading and coordinating a cross-functional team of internal & external stakeholders;
- Become the endpoint of contact for regional and/or new business partners and support the creation of new infrastructure and resources for sustainable business development;
- Become a subject matter expert on local regulations and insurance systems for localized business strategies and operations;
- Find reliable business partners and nurture/manage partnerships
- Negotiate agreements with distribution, retail, and/or other business partners for mutual benefit;
- Provide monthly regional and project-related sales forecasts for inventory control and planning;
- Maintain a regionally consistent brand image by leading business partners;
- Create, maintain and update monthly reports to effectively communicate business status with all internal stakeholders and the European Management team;
- Lead regional and project-related market research, strategy & tactics planning, implementation, and new customer acquisition;
- Engage in practical tasks whenever and wherever needed to maintain the entire BD activities.
- At least 5-10 years of working experience preferably in sales or account management;
- English and other language proficiency in Dutch, Italian, French, or German in written and verbal communication in business;
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills
- Strong desire for personal development and new learning
- Ability to travel incidentally under regular or pandemic (Covid-19) circumstances if required for due diligence.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.