Do you have experience in procurement or order fulfillment experience within the healtcare industry?
Would you like to join a great team that makes a real difference in global health supply chain? If yes, ready further!
Our client is a subsidiary of one of the leading international health consultancy organizations in the US. They help governments, non-profit organizations, and humanitarian agencies to achieve their public health goals through cost-saving procurement, efficient logistics, pharma-grade storage, last-mile delivery solutions, and real-time data tracking.
Procurement and Order Administration
- Act as a product expert, as requested, to ensure that all products ordered meet the funder/client’s procurement and quality policy on product, availability, and other product’s quality consideration.
- Manage the timely procurement processes and order fulfillment processes, as appropriate per project or category, including screening, developing price estimates, and purchase orders.
- Proactively identify issues with day-to-day procurement and ordering processes and resolve and/or communicate the issues to management in a timely manner, as needed.
- Coordinate and monitor operational requisitions management with vendors, including responsiveness to quotations, and contribute to the continuous review of vendor’s operational order management performance.
- Lead the troubleshooting of procurement and/or order-related challenges define and implement corrective action in case of irregularities working closely with the Manager.
- Act as a liaison with the Strategic Supply Chain, Supplier Engagement, Client Services, and Logistics Units to ensure smooth progression of required changes to orders.
- Lead and/or coordinate team functions and performance as required.
Client Relationship Management
- Provide proactive customer service while acting as primary point of contact for procurement and order fulfillment, including request for quotations with the client, principal recipients, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with the vendors, funder/client, internal and external units, and partner organisations on procurement and order fulfillment issues.
- Ensure orders are proactively managed with the vendors, including timely confirmation.
- Proactively identify procurement or order fulfillment activities potentially impacting client’s and/or the project’s ability to perform its duties and advise the necessary stakeholders.
- Handle procurement and/or order fulfillment related incidents; log incidents into client’s Incident Management System, provide inputs for incident investigation and contribute to the resolution within incident set timelines.
- Maintain system-related changes required on requisitions, price quotes and/or purchase orders throughout the procurement or order fulfillment process in coordination with funder/client and/ or Sourcing & Procurement, Client Services & Procurement, and Logistics Specialists.
- Maintain and update ERP system at an order level to ensure internal data accuracy and external reporting are optimal.
- Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures, identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and provide backup coverage as needed.
- Perform procurement and order fulfillment duties in a transparent and ethical
- Seek and identify opportunities for improvements in the operational processes and daily activities.
- Create and contribute to the development of work-instructions and standard operating procedures.
- Document and share all relevant information concerning procurement and order fulfillment knowledge.
- Oversee day to day execution and act as an escalation point for exceptions for the client services & procurement specialists within the category; coach and mentor team members and support team member development and training in good procurement practice.
- Act as the subject matter expert by developing and sharing procurement and order fulfillment knowledge.
- Provide input into RFI and RFP responses, as requested.
- Manage projects as needed to enhance operational work flows and procurement/order fulfillment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in procurement, public health, or other related area or equivalent experience.
- 5+years of procurement or order fulfillment experience required.
- Experience with ERP or other supply chain management system required.
- Project management experience.
- Experience in the international, public health sector and procuring or ordering rapid diagnostic or medical equipment is preferred.
- Experience in the international and/or pharmaceuticals sector is a plus.
- Previous experience working with international donor agencies, preferred.
- Experience working in a developing country a plus.
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Preferably advanced user level of Excel.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages (French, Spanish, Portuguese) a plus.
- Previous client relations or customer service experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with client relations and customer service experience and an ability to work across disciplines and in diverse locations internationally
- Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed.
- Must be eligible to work in the Netherlands.