We are looking for a STEM Education Specialist who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If you are passionate about the Space industry and would like to join an international environment, read more and apply today!
Please, be aware that the successful candidate will be employed by Octagon Professionals.
- Develop and deliver didactic content and activities related to STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) at the secondary school education level, with a special focus on sciences (physics, chemistry, mathematics, biology, geography, etc).
- Design and deliver teacher training modules, both on-site and, when needed, off-site, utilizing space science as a teaching and learning context for secondary-level curricular subjects. Collaborate closely with the ESERO1 Science & Project Coordinator, coordinating with ESA ESERO national offices for the design, co-production, and delivery of training modules to ESA Member States.
- Design and produce classroom resources/activities aligned with the teacher training modules. This includes various formats such as classical printed lessons, practical/lab activities, tablet applications, etc. Coordinate, when applicable, with the ESERO2 Science & Project Coordinator and ESA ESERO national offices for the design, co-production, and delivery of classroom activities to ESA Member States.
- Adapt/update/upgrade existing teacher training modules and classroom resources/activities as required.
- Contribute to the design and manage the implementation of ESA challenges and competitions focused on sciences for secondary schools at the European level. This may involve utilizing micro/hyper gravity platforms for experiments, such as Drop Towers, etc.
- Contribute to procurement actions for material items and services needed to implement activities, as well as logistics associated with the activities.
- Collaborate with the ESERO3 Science & Project Coordinator to promote teacher training sessions within the ESERO network and ESA Member States.
- Support the outreach, promotion, and dissemination of ESA primary and secondary education activities in compliance with ESA Education outreach guidelines.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of ESA STEM informal education projects at the secondary school level, addressing role modeling, STEM/space careers, and gender issues.
- Support the evaluation of education activities against Key Performance Indicators in the area of concern.
- Respond to direct contacts and external requests from education partners and the European education community.
Specific Competence Requirements:
- University Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Science.
- Knowledge of European STEM school curricula, with a focus on Sciences.
- Specific experience in the design and development of didactic content on scientific subjects applied to secondary school curricula. Direct teaching experience and/or teacher training experience.
- Sound knowledge of ESA and the space field.
- Experience in international environments.
- Project management skills and experience.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customised to individual client needs.