Do you have previous experience in the Trade compliance field in an international (trading) company or freight forwarder and are fluent in English and Dutch? Are you proactive, flexible, and able to make a significant contribution to the development of the trade compliance structure of the company? Do you feel comfortable communicating and working with employees at all levels and from different cultures? If so, please do read on!
Our client, one of the leading Japanese multi-functional trading companies actively engaged in global business, is looking for a Trade Compliance Expert who can join their team, this position requires experience as the main person in charge of daily screening and manager of a team, responsible for the daily management of trade compliance of the business departments in the company and other group companies in the region. We consider the seat of this position in Amsterdam is a temporary arrangement, the function can be transferred to Dusseldorf on a permanent basis.
- Provide expertise and guidance on import and export regulations around the world.
- Identify improvements and develop procedures at regional level.
- Design and perform risk assessments on current activities of European offices in consultation with Tokyo HQ and other affiliates.
- Lead development of trade compliance structure within the organisation.
- Implement the developing global internal control policy initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with global sanctions requirements.
- Perform audits of current practice.
- Other related ad hoc duties.
- Fully accountable for the delivery of agreed targets, taking responsibility for their timely delivery.
- Recognised as an expert and professional in their specialisation.
- Fluently speaking English and Dutch, German is an advantage.
- Able to resolve sensitive and complex problems.
- Effectively develops significant creative and constructive partnerships both internally and externally.
- Commitment to both self-development and the development of others.
- Anticipates and adapts effectively to changing conditions.
- Demonstrates a breadth of knowledge outside their own specialism.
- Ability to work independently to strict deadlines.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.