We are looking for a Travel Assistant Agent who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If you are passionate about the Space industry and would like to join an international environment, read more and apply today!
Please, be aware that the successful candidate will be employed by Octagon Professionals.
- Verify that the sundry travel claims are supported by a valid receipt or alternatively an explanation as to why the required supporting documentation is not provided.
- Validate the accounting of travel costs recorded in the claim.
- Calculate the travel claim (total duration per country) in accordance with the prevailing SR & R and applicable ceilings.
- Verify that the travel was undertaken with the correct means of transport as per the SR & R
- Ensure that only travel costs directly linked to ESA business requirements are charged to ESA (no private travel/leave). The travel assistant agent shall ensure that any additional travel cost because of Teleworking will be charged to the traveller.
- When not provided by the traveller or TMC, obtain the ceiling for travel by air/rail from the Airline/train company’s website.
- In case of a Third-Party travel claim forward all original receipts to Accounts Receivable directly after settlement of the travel claim.
- Settle and validate all claims (including cancelled ones) in MOS / SAP Concur within 14 calendar days of its receipt.
- For settlements related to a consultancy contract, verify that the travel and fees are in line with and within the period of the signed consultancy contract.
- For external travellers, verify and check the existence of an invitation letter and settle the travel in accordance with that letter.
- Verify that the bank details of the consultants/experts are correctly entered in Esa-P.
- Clear the pipeline estimate in MOS for external travellers at the time of settlement.
- Ensure that all settlements are checked by another MD colleague.
- Guarantee that travel claims which are approved only by HR with limited visibility (‘confidential’) remain secret.
- Ensure that incomplete claims are returned to the traveller within 14 calendar days of its receipt.
- Verify and follow up that refunds for cancelled business journeys are received within 6 months after the settlement of the claim.
- Specific tasks related to credit cards, car rentals and payments management will be required.
- Ensure that there are no travel claims older than 1 (one) month pending settlement in MOS/Concur
- Implement a process for sending reminders for travel which has not been claimed and shall ensure that there are no open travel requests in MAS which remain unclaimed 60 days after the return date
- Ensure that all financial documents are available to both ESA internal as well as external auditors within 7 days from the date of request and provide input/explanations when requested
- On the last working day of the month, perform the ‘end of month’ procedure in all MOS/Concur databases and inform CASP/CANG once performed
- On the last working day of the month, execute the PMA function in MOS/Concur (revoke or pay the PMA to staff) and perform a check on any negative mission settlement to be included in the upcoming Payroll.
- At the end of each week verify/check any advance payment requests for (seconded) staff going on launch campaign or advance requests for conference fees. The contractor shall register the advance in MOS/CONCUR and informs the ESA Travel Settlement and Payable Accountant
- Upon request from the projects manually change the budget line of the individual mission claim in MOS / SAP Concur. Requests exceeding 10 claims shall be forwarded to CASP/CANG instead.
- Check the internal ESA training forms provided by ESA Training and deduct prepaid meals or accomodation, when applicable
- Request clear the estimated pipeline in MOS.
- In case of a staff leaving ESA, check all outstanding obligations (negative balance mission order in esa-p, outstanding PMA, non settled/claimed mission order) of the staff concerned and inform the Payable Accountant who will sign the Clearance Form.
- An in-depth knowledge of financial accounting and experience in Accounts Payables.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, and preferably a good working knowledge of French.
- Experience as a user of SAP and in particular ECC module and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications is an asset and preferably experience with/knowledge of SAP Concur.
- Familiarity with modern office automation tools and techniques, in particular Microsoft Office or equivalent, as well as customised database and software applications
- Capacity to identify priority actions and to handle high workloads
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customised to individual client needs.