We are looking for a Travel Service Deputy Manager who will join the Octagon Professionals projects team at the European Space Agency in Noordwijk (ESTEC). If you are passionate about the Space industry and would like to join an international environment, read more and apply today!
Please, be aware that the successful candidate will be employed by Octagon Professionals.
Below you will find the tasks that should be carried out by the Service Manager and their Deputy Manager in collaboration with the role of the Travel Assistant Agent. It will be the essential task and responsibility of the Deputy Manager to perform the same directly in the absence or substitution of the Service Manager. When the Service Manager is active, the Deputy will have a supportive role and may take on specific tasks or assist in daily management.
- Lead and exercise an active monitoring and control over the service team to ensure that the service conforms to the service’s requirements.
- Authority over the service team and to whom the team directly reports.
- Has the authority to execute all the tasks under the service and have direct access to their management hierarchy to resolve conflicts at the appropriate level.
- The Service Manager shall be the Agency’s sole point of contact for the performance of the service.
- Responsible for the service continuity within the scope of the service ensuring that adequate resources are allocated to the service to ensure the
- Manage, actively monitor, and control the service team to ensure services conform to the requirements.
- Ensure service personnel are trained and are fully operational to support the service.
- Ensure good communication with all stakeholders and within the service team.
- Undertake regular interfacing with the ESA Technical Responsible and/or designated supervisor on the tasks, quality of works performed, KPI’s, any issues, risks and porposed resolutions.
- Produce and maintain a repository accessible by the ESA TR with all the procedures necessary to provide the service.
- Define, produce and maintain FAQ repository and deliverables accessible by the ESA Technical Responsible.
- Propose updates and improvements to the IT Such proposals must be submitted with a description to the ESA Technical Responsible for this contract. ESA representatives will then approve the changes if applicable.
- Escalate to the ESA Travel Settlement and Payable Accountant all cases which are of non-standard nature. The list is non- exhaustive and could for example include the following cases:
- In cases which are not covered by the prevailing rules and regulations (especially if the result is likely to set presedence for other cases) and where input from ESA HR is needed
- In case of queries from senior management or (C)SAC
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar job field
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, and preferably a good working knowledge of French.
- An in-depth knowledge of financial accounting and experience in Accounts Payables.
- Experience as a user of SAP and in particular ECC module and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications is an asset and preferably experience with/knowledge of SAP Concur.
- Familiarity with modern office automation tools and techniques, in particular Microsoft Office or equivalent, as well as customised database and software applications
- Capacity to identify priority actions and to handle high workloads
- A sound and proven experience in providing a customer oriented service with an eye for processing and workflow
- Efffective communication skills
- Outstanding conflict management skills
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Up to 30 vacation days & additional 12 public holidays based on the 40h working week.
- Advice from our Learning & Development Specialist on most suitable training/courses.
- Extra budget and up to 5 extra days off for your professional development.
- Pension contribution to a tailor-made pension scheme.
- Yearly subscription to the ESTEC gym facilities and a swimming pool.
- Assistance with relocation in case you are moving to The Netherlands from abroad.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customised to individual client needs.