Are you a Japanese-speaking sales professional with experience in new business development in logistics services for Japanese customers? Do you have at least 3 years of relevant work experience? Do you have the ability to adapt to different cultures, and do you enjoy keeping an eye on market developments? You are looking for the next step in your career at the global organization and do you have an appetite for new opportunities?
Our client is a global logistics company, founded over 60 years ago and focused on air, sea, and land cargo transportation services, warehousing, and comprehensive logistics service menus. The Japanese business development Manager is responsible to approach new Japanese customers and increase business with them in the Dusseldorf area. You are also will respond to communicate within the company’s global network, especially with HQs in Japan and the Netherlands, and support your local management.
- Approach new and existing Japanese customers and create new business;
- Contribute to revenue / GP / Volume growth of DUS branch;
- Preparations of quotations and RFQs;
- Communication with Japanese HQ;
- Active customer visits and meetings with Japanese customers;
- Communicate with customers and network partners;
- Create quotations (airfreight / sea freight / road freight / warehouse);
- Joint customer visits and customer events with the GM/MD;
- Monthly reporting;
- Coordination of RFQs (Japanese customers related);
- Support your local manager on an administrational level with regards to HQ communications;
- Support local operations (DUS) in favor of business;
- Align with all other Japanese team members in Europe.
- Relevant experience in logistics, 3 years +;
- Fluent Japanese & business English (German is an advantage but not a must);
- General knowledge of freight forwarding & logistics;
- Strong communications skills;
- MS Office frequent user;
- Driving license preferred.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international market. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.