Would you describe yourself as experienced in accountancy? Do you speak the Japanese language on a native level? Do you enjoy working in an environment of expansion? Then read on and explore this opportunity!
We are looking for an Accounting Coordinator for our client, a Japanese utility provider focusing on renewable energy. You would join a team of 12 professionals at their office in Amsterdam. With the business expanding steadily, the workload is increasing, and the current team would benefit from adding you as an additional member of their Accounting team.
As an Accounting Coordinator, you will co-work with the Accounting (General) Manager who is responsible for all areas related to financial reporting and bookkeeping of the company under the supervision of the Accounting Manager. You will be developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements of the company together with the Accounting (General) Manager and Dy. Accounting Manager. You will handle a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and the support of making a budget for the Company.
This is what you will be responsible for:
- Accounting and bookkeeping;
- You’ll manage the general ledger, balance report, etc;
- You’ll make monthly accounting reports of the company and report to the Head Office and its affiliates if necessary;
- You’ll make the annual financial statement of the Company following Dutch GAAP and its statutorily required documents;
- You’ll communicate and coordinate with external auditors as well as internal auditors;
- You’ll prepare, control, and process various outgoing invoices and incoming invoices;
- You’ll collect and check bank statements and make bank reconciliation documents;
- You’ll do the daily payment work of the company;
- You’ll manage and control the time deposit of the company;
- You’ll manage the cash flow of the company;
- You’ll make and monitor the budget of the company and propose revisions of the budget if necessary;
- You’ll support tax issues such as corporate income tax, withholding tax, VAT, local files, etc;
- You’ll support periodical reports such as DNB, DAC6, CBS etc;
- You’ll support the accounting work of subsidiaries of the Company together with the Project Team of the company;
- Other accounting and tax-related work required by the Managing Director.
This is what you will bring along:
- You already live in the Netherlands;
- You have a valid working permit to work in the Netherlands;
- You have a university degree;
- You have 5 years of experience in accounting;
- You are fluent in Japanese(native) and English;
- You can legally work in the Netherlands without employer’s support;
- You are familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word, and other IT infrastructures;
- Your experience in introducing or modifying accounting software will be a plus;
- Your CPA qualification will be a plus.
This is what you’ll get in return:
- Competitive market salary
- Good pension scheme – 100% covered
- Travel allowance for your expenses
- Annual extensive medical examination for all employees
- 25 days of holiday
- Friendly, supportive, and dynamic environment
Please note that a valid working permit to work in the Netherlands is required for this position. No visa or relocation support can be provided.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let’s get in touch!
Octagon Professionals International is a full-service recruitment and HR services firm with 30 years of experience in the European and international markets. Our large network of professionals across multiple functional areas, and multi-national team provide flexible solutions customized to individual client needs.